Employment verification inquires may be faxed to (916) 561-4501.
Resumes are regularly reviewed when submitted in response to posted job vacancies. For consideration, please submit resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the job title you are applying for noted in the subject header. Applicants who most closely meet the skills required of an open position will be contacted directly by someone from our staff.
Phone calls, in-person visits or resume status inquiries are not available due to high applicant volume.
We offer a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefit package including medical, dental and vision benefits, and employer-paid life/accidental death/long-term disability insurance, 401(k) match, 9 paid holidays, paid vacation, an onsite café, exercise facility and covered parking garage.
Director of Legal Services
Directs legal services for the California Farm Bureau Federation and affiliates, including the County Farm Bureaus. Supervises all attorneys employed by California Farm Bureau Federation and litigation conducted by outside counsel.
- Counsels with California Farm Bureau Federation and affiliates, Board of Directors, Board Committees, and the President and other officers and management and personnel at all levels on all subjects which have legal implications.
- Provides California Farm Bureau Federation and affiliates with legal opinions about tax and financial implications of programs and drafts recommendations to implement program proposals and changes in organizational structure.
- Provides oversight of corporate governance, including legal reviews of minutes of annual meetings and Boards of Directors meeting of the California Farm Bureau Federation and its affiliates.
- Represents the interests of California Farm Bureau Federation and its affiliates at regulatory agencies.
- Supervises a staff of attorneys and others who provide legal services to California Farm Bureau Federation and its affiliates.
- Ensures that Farm Bureau policy is understood and reflected in argument, representation and contractual arrangements.
- Reviews operations of California Farm Bureau Federation and affiliates and advises the Board of Directors and the President of results of reviews as appropriate.
- Collaborates with the American Farm Bureau Federation and other state Farm Bureaus on issues of common interest.
- JD from an accredited law school.
- Member of the State Bar of California.
- Ten years of experience in corporate law, preferably in a non-profit environment.
- Three years’ experience in supervision of other attorneys conducting major litigation.
- Knowledge of Farm Bureau structure and policies and general corporate and agricultural concerns.
- Knowledge of State and Federal laws and regulations, which affect interests of California Farm Bureau Federation and affiliates and agriculture in general.
- Ability to explain legal issues and rulings in a simple direct manner.
- Ability to develop alternatives, which can help California Farm Bureau Federation and its affiliates, achieve its objectives.
Member Advocacy Manager
The Member Advocacy Manager is responsible for the lifecycle of California Farm Bureau Federation (CFBF) membership including acquisition, experience, engagement, and retention.
- Develops and analyzes tools that measure the member experience including focus groups, satisfaction surveys, member help line issues, the member community portal, and the effectiveness of marketing and membership initiatives.
- Builds employee awareness of member needs, and knowledge of successes through internal communication.
- Represents voice of our members and advocates on their behalf to improve CFBF’s benefits, communications, and experience.
- Coordinates with Financial Services and Information Technology departments on establishing membership database design, functionality and reporting capabilities.
- Responsible for directing consistent customer experience through managing staff responsible for 1-800 member service line, addressing member escalations, and coordinating resolution across cross-functional teams.
- Works collaboratively with County Farm Bureaus, internal CFBF departments and corporate partners to continually improve our ability to enhance the member experience in products and services.
- Coordinates with County Farm Bureaus on establishing current dues rates and voluntary contributions. Monitors the membership and billing system to ensure the accuracy of rates. Oversight of scheduled mailings and related content.
- Promotes the membership marketing plan among the County Farm Bureau staff through education, training, provision of resources and involvement at CFBF, County Farm Bureau and other appropriate industry events; ability to travel up to 15% of the time.
- Develop tools and processes that allow for consistent messaging to our members via advertising, website content, social media, brochures, direct mailings, renewal letters, new member packets, and other member communications.
- Create and monitor content that is shared on CFBF’s and related platforms.
- Other duties as assigned.
- BA degree in Marketing, Communications or related field
- 5+ years in an association member experience role involving benefit partner relations, membership marketing, development and relations, and the demonstrated ability to engage and influence stakeholders
- 2+ years management level experience, including leading and coaching staff, developing and managing budgets, setting goals consistent with strategic initiatives
- Expertise collaborating with technical and financial services team in CRM design, implementation and maintenance
- Have a strong understanding of social media best practices and reputation management analytics
- Experience navigating company change management through launching processes and tools organizational-wide with measurable success and business impact
- Familiarity of the issues facing those in California agriculture
- Proactive and resourceful problem-solver taking into consideration the impact to processes, other stakeholders and the organization’s mission
- Effective and engaging presentation, verbal and written communication
- Analytical skills necessary to develop measurement tools and draw relevant insights from data
- Possess sound judgement to make decisions based on imperfect data
- Process-improvement driven with an adaptable and collaborative mindset
- Mission-driven with a passion for helping people and creating positive customer service experiences
Director of Marketing
Evaluates, plans and directs strategic marketing and communication initiatives for the California Farm Bureau Federation (CFBF) while providing managerial, editorial and general oversight to partners, stakeholders, and internal team members. The Director of Marketing’s primary responsibility is to serve as an “architect” and thought-leader for CFBF; building and executing strategic marketing plans rooted in research, product/editorial marketing, marketing communications, advertising, and public relations tactics.
- Maximize the position of CFBF as the leading voice of agriculture through planning and execution of a strategic marketing and communication plan to increase awareness of programs, events and initiatives.
- Develop and implement a multi-year road map for continued progression of CFBF’s marketing and business development efforts.
- Strategically guide external communication, including content creation, editing, design, production and distribution for CFBF. These activities include but are not limited to collateral, media communication and printed publications such as Ag Alert and California Bountiful video programming such as California Bountiful and digital content for use in CFBF websites, emails, and advertisements.
- Ensure CFBF’s message is distributed across relevant channels and to targeted audiences in order to meet sales objectives and seek out new ways to deliver messaging, such as mobile platforms, video, and social media.
- Engage with the media as a spokesperson for the organization for specific occasions and events.
- Implement marketing best practices to fully leverage and maximize investments and partnerships.
- Oversee development, creation, implementation and content management of CFBF’s website.
- Evaluate CFBF’s external communications to identify opportunities to streamline and enhance content.
- Champion and implement key marketing technology or process initiatives required for marketing functions.
- Oversee implementation and execution of new Data Asset Management System (DAM), as well as supervision of DAM Manager.
- Work with Director of Sales to build effective partnerships to establish and meet measurable revenue goals from marketing initiatives.
- Collaborate with CFBF staff inter-departmentally on internal communication as necessary.
- Work closely with the Administrator, the Director of Member Advocacy and other staff and leaders as deemed appropriate on stewardship of members to deepen engagement with California Farm Bureau Federation programs on multiple levels.
- Develop metrics for measuring effectiveness of programs and initiatives, and prepare reports on value of member and partner engagement.
- Build and sustain positive relationships with key stakeholders, internal staff, members and partners.
- Oversee weekly news briefs highlighting programs, events, and activities.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing required. MBA preferred.
- 10+ years of experience in marketing and/or advertising.
- 5+ years of experience in a supervisory or managerial role.
- Experience managing multiple social media channels for an organization and/or marketing campaign.
- Intermediate or higher proficiency in Microsoft Office, data analytics software and using CRM systems.
- Strong experience in both project management and leading cross-departmental teams.
- Familiarity with farming or agriculture industry preferred.
- Progressive and forward-thinking leader with proven record driving change within an organization.
- Excellent communication skills, including superior writing and editing skills.
- Ability to effectively present concepts, ideas and strategies to large groups.
- Proven expertise in managing people, projects and programs.
- Entrepreneurial-spirited and results-oriented self-starter.
- Analytical problem-solver.