Employment verification inquires may be faxed to (916) 561-4501.
Resumes are regularly reviewed when submitted in response to posted job vacancies. For consideration, please submit resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the job title you are applying for noted in the subject header. Applicants who most closely meet the skills required of an open position will be contacted directly by someone from our staff.
Phone calls, in-person visits or resume status inquiries are not available due to high applicant volume.
We offer a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefit package including medical, dental and vision benefits, and employer-paid life/accidental death/long-term disability insurance, 401(k) match, 9 paid holidays, paid vacation, an onsite café, exercise facility and covered parking garage.
Director of Member Advocacy
The Director of Member Advocacy is responsible for the lifecycle of California Farm Bureau Federation (CFBF) membership program and initiatives.
- Uses organization’s vision, policies, culture, values, history, and programs, to set overall leadership, direction and goals for member identification, evaluation, recruitment and retention
- Identifies and negotiates with product and service providers in support of the member benefits portfolio and contributes to related marketing efforts
- Develops and analyzes tools that measure the member experience including focus groups, satisfaction surveys, member help line issues, the member community portal, and the effectiveness of marketing and membership initiatives.
- Represents voice of our members and advocates on their behalf to improve our benefits, communications, and experience.
- Builds employee awareness of member needs, and knowledge of successes through internal communication.
- Partners with other divisions to identify and take advantage of opportunities to increase membership promotion and development
- Collaborates with Financial Services and Information Technology departments on establishing membership database design, functionality and reporting capabilities.
- Oversees staff in the development and implementation of county Farm Bureau personnel and volunteer training and/or leadership programs
- Directs the planning and preparation for the organization’s Annual Meeting, Leadership Conferences and other company events.
- Manages staff responsible for 1-800 member service line. Addresses member escalations, and coordinates resolution across cross-functional teams.
- Coordinates with County Farm Bureaus on establishing current dues rates and voluntary contributions. Monitors the membership and billing system to ensure the accuracy of rates. Oversight of scheduled mailings and related content.
- Promotes the membership marketing plan among the County Farm Bureau staff through education, training, provision of resources and involvement at CFBF, County Farm Bureau and other appropriate industry events.
- Guides the development of promotional materials including copy for advertising, website content, brochures, direct mailings, renewal letters, new member packets and other member communications.
- Oversees the County Farm Bureau royalty program.
- Other duties as assigned.
- BA degree in Marketing, Communications or related field
- 7+ years in an association member experience role involving benefit partner relations, membership marketing, development and relations, and the demonstrated ability to engage and influence stakeholders
- 4+ years management level experience, including leading and coaching staff, developing and managing budgets, setting goals consistent with strategic initiatives
- Expertise collaborating with technical and financial services team in CRM design, implementation and maintenance
- Experience navigating company change management through launching processes and tools organizational-wide with measurable success and business impact
- Well-versed in the issues facing those in California agriculture
- Proactive and resourceful problem-solver taking into consideration the impact to processes, other stakeholders and the organization’s mission
- Effective and engaging presentation, verbal and written communication skills
- Analytical skills necessary to develop measurement tools and draw relevant insights from data
- Possess sound judgement to make decisions based on imperfect data
- Process-improvement driven with an adaptable and collaborative mindset
- Mission-driven with a passion for helping people and creating positive customer service experiences